Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Bowl Season Begins 2011

There was some fine Division I football played yesterday. No exaggeration. The MAC is 2-0 thus far and the MWC is 0-2. The Sun Belt is 1-0 and the WAC starts off at 0-1.

I did not watch much of the Temple/Wyoming game but it appears that Temple played the way they should have played all season. I still submit they are (or should be) the best team in the MAC.

Ohio surprised me a bit with a come back on the Aggies of Utah St. The last minute or so of that game was exciting and fun football.

The Cajuns are also a bit of a surprise. I thought that SDSU would handle them even in front of a hostile crowd at the "Mercedes" Super Dome. This coach seems to be the real deal. Wonder how long before he jumps to a "better" program.

Yep it was a fun day of football what with bowl games and lower division playoff games on tap.

Next up? The Beef O'Brady Bowl (the what?). This is one that should probably not be played. I will watch though being a fan of both the Sun Belt and CUSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment