This week has some good games scheduled and some very important ones as far as conference races are concerned. Time is of an issue here so on to the predictions for the week.
1. Boise State vs Louisiana Tech: This one kicks off in about one hour and should be won handily by Boise. Pick the Broncos
2. NC State vs Florida State: Both teams have overall identical records but FSU is 4-0 in conference. I think that this will be a close one and predict that the Seminoles will prevail. Pick FSU.
3. WVU vs UConn: WVU needs this one to get back on track and should be able to handle the Huskies. WVU must run the table from here on to gain in respect in the ranks of D1 college ball.
4. Louisville vs Pitt: Another important Big East match up with the Panthers being the better team. Pitt may be rebounding after a slow start and could still take the Big East. It is between the Panthers and WVU at this point. Look for Pitt to knock off Louisville. Pick Pitt.
5. Auburn vs Ole Miss: Auburn is number 1 in the BCS standings and must guard against the history of number one teams the last few weeks. I figured that Oregon would get the number one BCS spot but they did not. The Ducks are however number one in the AP. I pick Auburn to win this game but it may be closer than expected.
6. Oregon vs USC: Could USC knock off number one in the AP poll? Possible but not probable. Oregon is a darn good team and should prevail here. Go with the Ducks.
7. KSU vs OK State: This may be a good one. OSU is reeling after last week's loss to the Huskers and KSU began to come back on a surprising Baylor club falling just short. OSU will likely be without Blackmon who was apparently arrested in a DUI incident. He is a vital part of the Cowboy club. I pick KSU in a close battle.
8. SDSU vs Wyoming: SDSU is much improved and should have the talent to take down these Cowboys. It may be fairly close but I will go with the Aztecs here. Pick SDSU.
9. SMU vs Tulane: The Green Wave are actually playing better ball than is the norm. SMU was embarrassed last week against the Coogs. I think that SMU will have it back together and be able to win this one hands down. Go with SMU
10. Texas Tech vs TAMU: The Aggies are just not a good team. The Red Raiders are in disarray also. This may be a toss up and I will pick the Red Raiders here simply because I like them. Go with Tech.
11. Florida Atlantic vs Florida International: This is a low key rivalry game between two Sun Belt opponents. FIU is a good ballclub despite their record and FAU is a disappointment this year thus far. I will go with FIU in a tight one.
12. Baylor vs Texas: Usually this is a no brainer. Not this year. Texas is down and Baylor is playing some surprising ball. Briles is a good coach and the Baylor QB may be second to none in D1 ball. I will go with the Bears to pull off a minor upset here. Go with the Bears.
13. Utah vs Air Force: This may be a pretty good match up. AFA is a decent team and Utah is a downright good squad. I think that Utah will prevail here. AFA did not look good last week against TCU and will play better ball this week but will come up short. Pick the Utes.
14. Idaho vs Hawaii: The Vandals are a pretty good team for the WAC and Hawaii is a good WAC team. Hawaii probably has more talent but I will go with the Vandals to pull off the upset here. Go with Idaho.
15. Nebraska vs Missouri: This should be the game of the week. Mizzou took down the Sooners while the Huskers got back on track. I think that the Huskers are probably the better team but Mizzou may play very well and take this one. Go with the Bears.
16. East Carolina vs UCF: Another top notch game. ECU is supposed to be in rebuild mode but have been playing darn good ball. UCF is no pushover either. One of these teams may be ranked after this week and I think it will be the Pirates. Go with ECU.
17. Georgia vs Florida: Often this is huge game but not so much this year. Georgia seems improved as the season wears on and Florida is still a dangerous club. Both are a disappointment and I am fairly sure that Richt will lose his job after this season. Meyer is in no danger. I will go with Florida to take this one in a close one. Go with the Gators.
18. Arkansas vs Vanderbilt: The Hogs need this game to keep on track. They should get a victory here but Vandy can at times be pretty tough. I go with the Razorbacks in a fairly close game.
19. Chattanooga vs Elon: This is the IAA game of the week. The Mocs are playing better ball than is usually the case judging by their record. I know nothing about Elon. I will go with UT Chattanooga to win this one. Besides they have a cool name.
20. William and Mary vs North Carolina: I will pick this to be the potential shocker of the week. WMU is a very good team in a very tough IAA conference. NC is a decent team in a fair D1 conference. That may put them on fairly even footing. I think that we will have another upset here. The pundits will of course make a big deal out of it but top IAA teams in that region are usually pretty equal to mid level D1 teams. Earlier this year James Madison took down Virginia Tech in a game that may not have been an anomaly. I will go with William and Mary to prevail here. Mark it!!
Have a good week and enjoy the games.