Saturday, September 3, 2011

2011 Season Kicks Off

Thankfully the 2011 season is underway in full force today. I watched a bit of the Wisconsin/UNLV game Thursday and the Badgers look as good as advertised. The Baylor/TCU contest was one for the books. The Bears need to learn to continue to kick a team when it is down, especially one as dangerous as the Frogs. If they can do that and develop their defense, well, then a top 20 finish is certainly not out of the question.

Today the ballyhooed LSU/Oregon match up will be one to watch. It is not often than such an important BCS contest is played in week one. It will be interesting to see how the Tigers handle losing some key players.

The Boise State/Georgia game should be very interesting. The SEC folks are saying that Boise State could not really last in the SEC. I disagree. They would be consistently among the top 3 or 4 teams.

I am looking forward to the SMU/TAMU game. I think the Aggies will pull one out of the hat but it would be nice to see the Mustangs embarrass the crowd from College Station. They may do so. The Ponys are well coached with a very good offense.

I have made up my mind that the Big Twelve will no longer exist in a couple of years. TAMU can be replaced rather easily but there is no replacing Oklahoma. The college game is evolving. Whether that is a good thing is in question.

Due to real life time constraints I will likely cease my conference standing predictions. Of course the weekly predictions and post week analysis will not be affected.

Enjoy the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment