Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Final Outcome

My predictions for the Bowls and IAA Championship Game was 19-13 which gives me a grand total for the season of 182-127. Not real good. Not real bad either. That is bumping right up on 70 per cent for the 2010 season. I was hoping for about 80 percent but I am not complaining. Many of the so called "professional" football analysts do very little better than 70 percent. I would guess that those in the business of betting would be very happy with an 80 to 85 percent winning record. I definitely had some fun and of course many of my predictions were nothing more than guesswork with very little real analysis involved. I also allowed myself to be "persuaded" quite often to pick teams based on emotion. For instance I had a very hard time picking Ohio State for a win even when it was pretty likely that the outcome would be a Buckeye victory. I had a friend in service who was a rabid OSU fan and drove everybody nuts with it. He even had a tape of the Buckeye Marching Band and would play it all the time. Same for Notre Dame. I don't like them. I just don't like them. Of course picking against the Irish was often a no brainer despite their vast improvement. Don't get me started on those silly Aggies.  All in all it was a pretty fun season. I am looking forward to the spring games and will be (Allah willing) doing it again next season. I will be soon posting the final top 25 in the real BCS (Bartender Cabbie Series) standings.

No comments:

Post a Comment